Commercial Pilot Requirements:
- A person must be at least 18 years of age.
- He must be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- No medical certificate is required.
- The applicant must pass a more advanced written test on the subject matter listed in 14 CFR 61.125, understand additional operating procedures relating to commercial operations and those duties required of a flight instructor.
- Advanced training must be received from an authorized instructor covering those items listed in 14 CFR 61.127 (b)(8).
- The applicant for a commercial certificate must have at least 35 of flight time as a pilot of which 20 hours must in balloons (remaining 15 hours maybe in other aircraft) Flight time must include 10 hours in free balloons. 10 hours under the supervision of an instructor, 2 solo flights, 2 training flights of at least one-hour duration within 60 days of the scheduled check ride and one flight to 3,000 feet above the take off point.
- The holder of a commercial pilot’s certificate may operate a balloon for hire and may give flight instruction.
Commercial Pilot Rating:
10 Hours flight training, student must have a minimum of 35 hours of flight time in some aircraft to complete the commercial flight training.
Minimum 10 hours Flight Training $350.00 / Flight hour.
Estimated cost for commercial flight training ($3,500.00~$5,000.00).
Flight Training in students balloon $150.00 / flight hour.
(Customer supplies balloon, vehicle, crew, fuel and insurance).