Student Pilot Requirements:
- A student must be at least 14 years of age.
- He must be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- No medical certificate is required.
- Student pilot certificate may be issued by FAA inspectors or designated pilot examiners.
- Student pilots may solo after demonstration to their instructor by passing a written exam that they are familiar with 14 CFR Part 91 and Part 61 airspace where the solo will take place, the balloons flight characteristics and limitation and are proficient in balloon operation of pre-flight preparation, operation of controls, lift-off and climb, descent and landing and emergency situations.
- A student pilot may not carry passengers or fly a balloon for hire.