This course is designed to give you the necessary ground knowledge to pass the FAA Private Pilot Balloon – Hot Air (PBH) or the FAA Commercial Pilot Balloon – Hot Air (CBH) Knowledge Test in preparation for which certificate your working to achieve.
Ground school is designed to provide an enjoyable learning experience while covering the subjects necessary to pass the FAA Knowledge Exam for the respective rating. Lecture time is kept to a minimum to enable maximum participation by attendees in individual and team activity, accomplishing actual tasks encountered as pilots.
The emphasis is on safe piloting rather than examination preparation. While our instructors do an excellent job covering the required knowledge topics, they also teach for real-world situations. We will go in details about each of the knowledge areas and provide explanations to not only pass the test, but become a proficient pilot.
- Hot Air Balloons and Aerodynamics
- Instruments, envelope, burners / fuel systems and baskets.
- Airports, Air Traffic Control, and Airspace
- Federal Aviation Regulations
- Aircraft Performance and Weight and Balance
- Aeromedical Factors and Aeronautical Decision Making (ADM)
- Aviation Weather
- Aviation Weather Services
- Navigation: Charts and Publications
- Navigation Systems
Another important component of Ground School classes is preparing for your FAA tests. We will help you study and prepare for these important milestones.
(Course requires a minimum of 20-30 hours to complete).
Call or e-mail us to be added to the next class roster!
- Complete Course…………….. $350.00
- FAA Written Examination…..$175.00
- Additional Hourly Rate ……… $50.00